61 views

TD Bank doesnt make enough money that they have to rob gift cardholders? So, I get two TD gift cards from fellow school employees when I retired.

These people worked hard for their money and were kind enough to contribute towards my gift. Of course, I was most appreciative and decided to hold onto the cards until we moved into our new retirement home when there would be so much to purchase. I looked on the back of the card and read about the fee, but I didnt activate the card, so thought no worries. Thought Id do that when I was ready to use it, in case it somehow would get lost or stolen.

Well, well, well, I come to find out just yesterday it becomes active when it is PURCHASED! I couldnt believe how sneaky a policy this is. Apparently, from reading some of these posts, Im not the only one scammed! Shame on TDBank for using this disgraceful system to SCAM their customers.

Oh, yeah, theres that little piece of paper (the AGREEMENT) in with the card to explain everything and it says please be sure to provide it to the person youre giving it to. Thats to cover their backsides in case you happen to NOT read it and accrue the fees. I looked at the back of the card, not the paper. And, when youre given the gift, the gift giver is not going to blurt out Make sure to read the info in the envelope about expiration, fees and policies!

Ugh! I will never, ever, ever, recommend TDBank or ever use them myself. When Im done ranting here, Im going to compose a nasty letter to one of the higher ups.

I know it wont do any good. He/she will just laugh ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!

User's recommendation: There are other worthy banks that actually care about their clients!

Product or Service Mentioned: Td Bank Debit Card Activation.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

TD Bank Cons: Gift card scam.

Comments